Is it time to take that leap of faith and book your 21/22 ski holiday?
Its the start of September and to say we’re excited about the upcoming ski season is an understatement! The wait is finally over… Its been a rollercoaster of a ride but signs are strong for the most fantastic winter ever.
Confidence is back and holidaymakers are once again travelling. There are still a few understandable requirements in place to keep the pandemic at bay, but general consensus is that these shouldn’t put anyone off holidaying in The Alps or North America this season.
With most of the major winter sports destinations now on the green list, hope for the season ahead has been given a much-needed boost. Austria was added to the list earlier this month, and Switzerland and Canada followed on Monday. That leaves just France, Italy and the USA on the amber list for the moment. We are confident that this will change for the better soon.
The good news is that rules are finally in favour of skiers and the freedom to ski is here. And don’t we all deserve it… With skiers & snowboarders missing out on a whole season, some two, the desire to return to the mountains has never been stronger. Demand is up and the resorts are ready. Now all we need is the snow!
Advice to help get you on your way
- Before Departing: Stay informed & understand the rules.
- Double vaccinate & take the booster if offered.
- Check entry requirements of the country you are visiting.
- Take a lateral flow test before travelling.
- Pre-book your PCR test.
- Be prepared to wear a face covering on your flight (& most likely on ski lifts).
- Before Returning: Fill in your locator form (NB for this you will need your PCR reference number and your return flight seat number)
- Take a “quick test” within 72 hours before flying into the UK. Most airports offer this facility but it can be busy. We recommend getting one before leaving resort.
- Complete your Day 2 PCR test. And Day 8 if needed (for amber list only).
- Double vaccinated travellers do not need to quarantine if arriving from green or amber list countries.
- Non-vaccinated travellers must quarantine for 10 days.
Ordering Your PCR Tests:
These can be expensive but recent industry and consumer pressure has resulted in a welcome price war between suppliers. As a result, PCR tests are now available for as little as £20 per person:
Proof of Vaccination:
We also highly recommend downloading the NHS app to get your NHS Covid Pass. Proof of vaccination will be required on arrival in the country you visit. It may also be required to go to leisure centres, bars, restaurants or nightclubs (please note this is not the Track & Trace app!).
Are You Ready to Book?
We hope this provides the assurance you need to ski this winter. Our industry is doing all it can to ensure your safety & protection and with Booking Terms better than ever before, this just might be the time to take that leap of faith and get back to the sport we all love so much.
For our latest pricing & availability on the largest ski accommodation portfolio in the UK, please see www.powderwhite.com. Either book online with our Best Price Guarantee or give us a call on 020 8877 8888. Skiing Holidays are Back!
The Team at Powder White